Whether you’re planning to move to the other side of your town or the other corner of Virginia, odds are you’re going to need a moving solution for transporting your belongings. Renting from U-Haul, the leading moving truck, trailer and self-storage rental company in Virginia, is the most convenient and cost-effective choice you can make.
Why Do I Need to Rent a U-Haul?
Regardless of where you’re moving, one of the biggest concerns you’ll have is effectively getting all of your belongings from Point A to Point B.
Some people like to try and DIY it, collecting all of their items and transporting them with their own vehicles. But in most cases, your personal car or truck isn’t large enough to fit everything. You can’t fit a 4-bedroom house’s worth of possessions into one pickup truck.
You can take multiple trips, but this is extremely inconvenient or even impossible if you’re moving far away. Several trips mean spending more on gas and taking hours longer to move. Plus, the more times you have to collect and pack your items, the more likely you are to lose something.
The easiest way to move is getting everything in one go, which is only possible if you have a vehicle large enough to carry it all. That’s where U-Haul comes in.
When you invest in a U-Haul rental, you can choose a truck or trailer large enough to carry all of your furniture and belongings with ease – no additional trips needed. You’ll save money, time, energy and stress.
What to Consider Before Renting a Truck
- One-trip or round-trip. If you’re just moving down the street then you’ll be able to return the truck to the same facility, but if you’re moving across Virginia or even out of it you’ll only be able to use the one-trip option and return it at a different location.
- Truck or trailer size. How much or little you need to move will determine the appropriate size. U-Hual has trailers as small as 4’x8’ and trucks as large as 26’.
- Your comfortability with driving the truck. U-Hauls are a lot larger and more difficult to drive than the average vehicle – they are slow, make wider turns and require a larger following distance between cars.
- Who is driving the vehicle. If you’re moving far and will need multiple drivers, make sure to alert the rental location and your insurance of them.
Several Moving Options
Depending on your moving needs, U-Haul has several solutions:
U-Haul has a large fleet of trucks and vans of all sizes that are available through U-Haul Truck Share 24/7®. Their trucks are built lower to the ground for easier loading and unloading and have patented mirrors and cabs to fit the size of the vehicle.
Different sizes range from a regular 8’ pickup truck to a 26’ truck made for carrying the belongings of a 4-bedroom home (the largest moving truck in the industry).
If you’re more comfortable driving your own vehicle, U-Haul offers rental trailers that attach and follow behind your car. Trailers are the more cost-effective option for short moves that have the flexibility of multiple trips.
Cargo trailers range from 4’x8’ to 6’x12’ and are enclosed to protect your possessions from weather exposure. On the other hand, their utility trailers are heavy-duty, open and better suited for furniture or towing other vehicles.
New to U-Haul, U-Box® moving and storage containers provide an effective solution for both. You rent these boxes for storage and then we ship them to your new home once you’re ready. You can even keep them on your property for as long as you like – granting you enough time to unpack before we take them back.
These containers are perfect for those who need a range of time longer than the usual truck rental period to move their belongings and settle into their new home.
- Make a reservation online. You must know your pickup and drop-off date, time and location, along with your preferred truck size.
- Bring required documentation. You’ll need to bring a valid driver’s license, insurance information and a form of payment to the rental location.
- Pick up your selected vehicle at your local U-Haul affiliate location.
- You have the duration of our rental period to use the truck or trailer however much you like.
- Return the truck or trailer. There are late fees if you do not return the equipment at the right designated place or time.
One-Way and In-Town U-Haul Rentals in Martinsville, VA
U-Haul offers both one-way and round-trip rental options based on where you’re moving. If you live in Martinsville and plan to stay local but change your address, a round-trip is the best choice.
With the largest selection of moving rental options available in the Martinsville area, U-Haul offers the following: trucks, cargo and enclosed trailers, utility trailers, car trailers and motorcycle trailers.
As part of the U-Haul Self-Storage Affiliate Network, Storage Center has U-Haul rentals available on-site at all of our facility locations.
When you need a moving solution in addition to storage (how else will you get your items to your storage unit?), our partnership with U-Haul offers the perfect plan. All of our facilities and units have 24/7 access, so you can visit and unload when it is most convenient for you. Our locations with tractor-trailer access are perfectly suited for those using U-Hauls.
If you have any questions on Storage Center’s self-storage or U-Haul rental services in Martinsville, VA, give us a call at 276-670-7867.